Quick Links: LCRA Travis.uslakes.info
The All Catalina Fleet 69 is a group of friendly and active sailors who love to sail in the Lake Travis and
Texas area. We promote recreational sailing, fellowship, and skill
development through regular meetings, cruises, and
social activities. Membership is open to all persons who own, have
owned, or have "an interest" in a keel sailboat of any length
manufactured by Catalina Yachts.
- Next meeting is on Thursday, April 12, 2018 (We meet on the second Thursday of each month, except December)
- Time: 6:30 Socialize and Order, 7:00 Eat and Socialize, 7:30 Meeting and
Program, 9:00 Adjourn.
- Tuning and Rigging, by Joe.
This month we will again meet at the Red Lotus Asian Grill, located at 6507 Jester Blvd, Suite 501, Austin, TX 78750. map
Restaurant web site, photos, and menu: https://www.redlotusasiangrille.com
- What: We'll either order from the menu or have a buffet. If you aren't hungry, just come, socialize, and learn.
- April Cruise: Boat Olympics Challenge
- Day: Saturday, April 14
- Hosts: Todd and Patti
- Who: all
- Governor's Cup is April 7 and 8.
- Turnback Canyon Regatta will be May 5 and 6. Same dates as Lago Vista Fest.
- Announcements, Upcoming Events, and items of interest:
- Tall Ships will come to Galveston April 5-8
- Tall Ships are coming: http://www.galvestonhistory.org/events/tall-ships-galveston-2
- This new festival will host tours of the participating ships, numerous
special events, sail away excursions, music, food and fun in a family
friendly format. Galveston Island will serve as the first port in the
TALL SHIPS CHALLENGE® Gulf Coast 2018 Race Series, which will see
participating ships race across the Gulf of Mexico as they visit other
participating cities throughout the month of April.
- Participating ships: http://www.galvestonhistory.org/events/tallships/participating-ships
- While in port, the ships will be open to the public for viewing and sail
away opportunities, and many will feature dockside exhibits and lively
interactions with the crew. Each ship has its own educational program
and mission, providing the public with a wide array of ways to
participate and sail.
- The Parade: http://www.galvestonhistory.org/events/tallships/parade-of-sail
- Tall Ships Challenge, Gulf Coast 2018: http://www.sailtraining.org/tallships/2018Gulf/TSC2018index.php
- The mission of Tall Ships America is to encourage character
building through sail training, promote sail training to the North
American public, and support education under sail.
- Go sailing on a Tall Ship! http://www.galvestonhistory.org/events/tallships/sailing
- No experience at TALL SHIPS® GALVESTON is complete without setting out on
one of our participating day-sail tall ships! Step on board LYNX and WHEN
AND IF for special day-sails into Galveston Bay, twilight tours through
Galveston’s historic harbor or take part in the exciting Parade of Sail
kickoff to the festival. Space is extremely limited for all sailing
- Race from Galveston to Pensacola. Berths are available for passage from Galveston to Pensacola and New Orleans. Book your spot now! Ask Gary or John G for details.
Click on News or Calendar anytime for more information on past and future meetings, cruises, and events.
- Weather Data: (compare & pick your favorite. See if any agree with each other)
iPower web site is